Image Map
Image Map

Monday, August 22, 2011

Rules

I LOVE my classroom rules. I think they are short and to the point. My hubs actually designed these and uses them in his classroom. there are even hand signs to go with them!

Rule number 1: Follow directions quickly. (hand motions: put palms together as you move your hands like a snake)



Rule number 2: Raise your hand to speak. (hand motions:raise one hand in the air and make a talking mouth motion with the same hand that is in the air)
I generally leave off the 'permission' part but this year I learned exactly why I need to keep it; they raise their hand and just start talking! No waiting to be called on! lol. I guess that's my fault, I always forget how specific I need to be. It's like 1st day of Kinder amnesia, ha!



I just realized that I didn't get a full picture of Rule number 3: Raise your hand to leave your seat. (hand motions:raise one hand while making a snake motion with the same hand that is raised)



Rule number 4: Keep your hands and feet to yourself. (hand motions:hug yourself)

Rule number 5: (I always have them say this one really LOUD) KEEP YOUR TEACHER HAPPY!!!! (hand motions:draw a big smile in your mouth area with pointer finger of each hand)

Number 5 is their favorite by far and I tell them that following rule number 5 is the same as following all the rules because that makes me HAPPY :))

No comments:

Post a Comment