Image Map
Image Map

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Donuts with Dad



If you are still in school, you might be looking for something to help commemorate the Dad or looking for something to file away for next year. You have probably heard of Donuts With Dad. Lots of schools are doing them these days, just like Muffins With Mom. I wrote all about that event here. It helps to read that one because I run this event very similar to the Mom event. Like pretty much identical. I'll just post the slight variations I made, all else I'd the same.

Letter home:
2 weeks before I send this notice home. (Click for a free editable copy). 


Gifts:
Another Pinterest find! I find the little wooden plaques at Michaels or JoAnns. Probably Hobby Lobby too but our only recently opened so I haven't been there yet. (Tell me why I only think of it on Sundays?! Same day I crave Chick-Fil-A. So not fair!). To make the pictures on the plaque, I lead a directed drawing with a pencil first to make the SuperMan Symbol.  Then they paint the drawing with yellow paint. Later I trace their pencil drawing with a red sharpie. I have them put one yellow thumb print on the bottom left part of the plaque. I later drew a little face, stick arms and legs and a red cape. It sounds harder and more time consuming than it actually was.



The second gift is paper tie. Pretty easy. I think I went to google images, found a tie and printed it. I punch a hole in the top, kids color it and I put yarn to make a necklace and call it a day.

There is also a cute card that includes a hideous "Super Dad" picture they assembled. I say hideous because I made all the parts with amateur drawings using the computer. I am kind of embaressed to show it to you because it is that bad. haha! But since we are friends here...

click, right click, save image to keep


The kids and Dads think it's funny so I keep it. There is a questionnaire to fill out just like for Mom. Here is a copy if you would like one. Just click on the picture and right click, save image:




If you would like to download all of the questionnaires for the other male family members, you can do that here.
Decor:
Pretty simple. Green and/or blue butcher table on the tables, gifts on the tables and donuts in the middle. Dad's are easy to please :)

Day of event: 

 We recite the poem "Walk A Little Slower Daddy",  and sing the song "Love you forever" from the book Love You Forever.

 I read a story on the document camera.  Daddies Do It Different, which is hilarious I might add! The kids and Dads laugh their way through it as well as nod their heads in agreement.

Just like my other event, the kids enjoy donuts, juice and coffee (for the Dads) while I take pictures and mingle. It's a fun time all around!










No comments:

Post a Comment