Image Map
Image Map

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Tour



For the first time in my 6 year teaching career I did not have to move schools, grades or classrooms. I got to stay in my room the whole year and the following year (this year). Isn't that awesome? The things we take for granted... moving classrooms SUCKS! Even though I didn't have to move or anything, I still walked into a bit of a disaster which took me an entire day to clean up. The mess was from the summer clean up crew, who in my opinion, made more of a mess than they cleaned in my room. But , hey, I didn't have to move, remember?

Anyway, come tour my classroom! My room was not meant to be a Kinder room. There are no bathrooms in the room (gasp!) and there really is nothing to it's shape- its rectangular. That's about it. My school contains 2 Kinder rooms, but there are 4 K teachers so 2 of us were lucked out. The best part about my room is the WINDOWS. Ohmygoodness, the amount of light that is poured into my room is tremendous. Plus our school is located in the foothills, so the few we have of the mountains on a non smoggy day is nothing short of amazing.

Here is my library center. I have 2 pillows there for relaxation. Once my own children give up their bean bags, I will have those, but until then...
I finally, FINALLY came up with a way to organize my books. I still have yet to make labels for them, but they are at least organized in a way I understand and the kids are able to put the books back in the correct place. I have 6 baskets and 'book doctor' basket (the red one at the top). Each basket has a small sticker that corresponds to the sticker on the basket. The 'book doctor' is there because pages are always falling out of books and what not and it drove me bonkers that they would always have to come find me, no matter what I was doing, to tell me about this book. This way, it keeps us all sane. :) and I get to it when I get to it.


This is my math wall/calendar wall/morning meeting area. My husband (who is a teacher) came up with this fabulous idea to make the math wall easy enough to leave it up for the whole year. He's a guy, he hates changing boards. I like it, but just to make life a liiiitttlllee easier, I thought I'd try out his idea. FAN.TAS.TIC. I have every standard that is taught in our curriculum on the wall! No more changing walls! I just out an arrow pointing to what we are learning now, I have another wall with student work and VOILA! an all in one math wall :) My favorite thing ever :)
That rocking chair there was the chair I used to rock my babies in when they were small, now it lives in my classroom :)


A view from my rocking chair. The orange/pink wall is my language arts wall. I have 3 going at once...a lot less time changing walls is great! You can see my "Kissing Hand" wall back there and to the right of it (not pictured) is my "Chica Chica Boom Boom" wall.

Our table crates. I have one located at each table.

Last year, I ended up with sooooo many points from Scholastic Book Clubs, that I was able to order this little number. Did I mention for FREE?!? I heart free :) I use it to house all of my math manipulatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment