Image Map
Image Map

Monday, August 15, 2011

Meet the teacher...

So I finally decided it was time for me to start up a teaching blog, since I am such a fan of all the blogs out there!

My name is Amanda, or Mrs. Schafer, as I am commonly referred to on campus. I teach Kindergarten in sunny Southern California. I've wanted to become a teacher since I was in the 4th grade and never let go of the dream. I have now been teaching for 6 years; 2 years in the 6th grade and 4 years in Kindergarten. I absolutely LOVE my sweet Kinder friends! I think I have found my 'home' in K. I work with an amazing group of teachers, my friends :)

I always tell my students' parents that my ENTIRE LIFE is children under 6, and I mean it too! I have 2 children, a boy and a girl, who are 3 and 4 respectively. I am married to a teacher (we teachers like to stick together, don't we?), we own a home in a nice neighborhood and have a little puppy (a lab/beagle mix) named Rose.

In California, teacher jobs are hard to hold down, and even harder to come by. Year after year we go through a "Pink Slip Scare"... while we have yet to receive one, we are just trying to keep living the American Dream-while we still have one! We are very thankful to have the jobs we do-the jobs we love!

No comments:

Post a Comment